Monday, October 25, 2010

1 RS Craft Night 2010

What FUN!  Our ward had a craft night last Friday, 3-10pm. 
LINK to the RS blog
Jewelry: charm necklace
I don’t have any pictures of mine yet, but it was my favorite.  I’ll post it later!


Logan Temple Picture: $43
The idea was to spray paint an old frame, but I didn’t have any and DI was out.  I splurged on a new frame because I’ve been wanting a temple picture in my living room upstairs for years.
  • IMG_4700[1]frame: Hobby Lobby, 50% off ($25)
  • white foam board: Hobby  Lobby ($4)
  • black spray paint: Walmart?
  • Temple sepia mounted photo ($14)







Curly Wood Letters: $4 each
These are not finished yet.  I didn’t have the supplies I needed at the church that night.  I’ll have to post the finished product later.
IMG_4702[1]

Wood sconces: $1
IMG_4703[1]I found these wood sconces at DI for $0.50 each.  They were quite ugly, but nothing a quick coat of black paint couldn’t fix.  I think I’ll get taller candles and put one set on either side of the large mirror above my staircase.








Ball center piece: $2.50
IMG_4705[1]
Now this was a CHEAP project.  Eileen found the bowl at a dollar store and she gave it a few coats of black spray paint.  The balls we old ones I found around the house (softball, tennis ball, racket ball, golf ball).  I just used hot glue to cover them with either craft twine or fake moss.  SO EASY!





Seasonal Candle Sticks, $8.50 for the pair
IMG_4706[1]This pair of wood candle sticks just needed a coat of black paint.  Now I can decorate them for each season or holiday.  Here I have them covered with Halloween scrapbook paper.  I think they need wider ribbon and taller candles, but I love the idea.  I’ll save the covers to reuse each year.










Square frames, $2 for the pair
These frames were left over from an ‘Activity Day’ years ago.  I picked them up at Michaels for $1/each.  I hope I can find more.  I just modge poged them with some cute scrapbook paper after painting the edges silver.  To  dress them up a bit more, I inked the edges with scrapbook ink.  I’m going to hang them in the girls’ downstairs bathroom.
IMG_4707[1]

1 comment:

Beattie Family said...

I really love your picture of the Logan temple and those sconces! They will look perfect on either side of a mirror. I'm going to keep an eye out for some and steal your idea!