Thursday, October 28, 2010

2 the Bare-Bones Office/Craft room

YEAH!  My office has been vacated after a 6 year stint as a nursery.  This past weekend I moved my baby to the basement.  Thankfully that went smoothly.  I’ve been itching to get a little corner of the house back to myself.

Last winter, while we finished our basement, we lived entirly on one floor (we had been using the unfinished space for years).  Both of our girls were in the only non-parent main-floor bedroom, so both Nate and my laptops and work stuff ended up all over the living/dinning room along with all the girls’ toys.  TOO CROWDED!  It was impossible to keep the space clean.  Now that the basement is finished, we all have  more elbow room.  We are giving everything a new home in an effort to keep things tidy.

So, without further ado…here is where I’m sitting now.  The foundation is laid, but there is LOTS of decorating to be done.  I want this to be MY space, where I can come to create.  Whether it be statistical code, family albums, or Barbie clothes.

IMG_4735

The bookcase was a yard sale find ten years ago.  Its seen better days, but I’m not sure how the laminate will take a coat of paint.  Anyone ever tired it?  Right now it houses my statistics texts and some crafting supplies.  Nothing’s wrong with your eyes, the ribbon and lace bins are vomit bins from my hospital stays.  The other things are in school shoe boxes.

IMG_4736

I did donate a corner of the room along with my previous desk to my husband.  Why you ask?  To get his laptop and paperwork out of my dinning room.  The folding table is my sewing/crafting station.  Most mornings it will be Kylie’s art desk while I work and Allie is at Kindergarten.  I’ve already been using my sewing machines more now that they are handy.

IMG_4737

AND HERE’S MY LOVELY NEW DESK!!!  I found it on sale at Staples for $59!!!  I love that it is L-shaped and has the shelf on the long side.  Currently, the only thing on the walls (which I’m itching to paint now), is my trusty old white erase board.  I love being able to have a to-do list for work right in front of me.  Now I need a corkboard or magnet board.

 IMG_4738

The desk has MORE SPACE then I’ve ever had.  In fact I had enough room to give my Cricut a home out of its box for the first time ever.  I’ve also moved the mail/bills drawer unit to my desk.  Hopefully that will help keep my kitchen counter tidy.

IMG_4739

So, here’s my view as I work.  Ah!  Relaxing.  Now I just need to spice the space up.  Anyone want to help?  Suggestions?

PS – WHAT DO I CALL MY OFFICE/CRAFT ROOM?

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I love ALL that you have been up to! And I love, love, LOVE the pretties you made me! I can't wait for you to see the newborn photos I took. Much thanks and praise to you. And your creative jeans! (I know it's genes)

Beattie Family said...

Woot woot. That is a great looking desk, and sooo organized:) I love that your cricket is next to you ready to chirp anytime! Maybe you could call it your studio:) Or the offiraft, or craffice. Hmmm, maybe the office is good:)